Nº 1 Guide to Parking near Brighton i360
Brighton i360 is a popular tourist destination that offers breathtaking views of the city and the sea. It is a tall observation tower that offers panoramic views of the city and the sea. The attraction is open daily, and visitors can enjoy the view from the tower’s observation deck, which is 138 meters above sea level.
However, finding a parking spot near the attraction can be challenging, especially during peak hours. This article will discuss the various facilities for parking near Brighton i360, including disabled parking, parking charges, time restrictions, and parking capacity.
Table of Contents
On-street parking near Brighton i360
On-street parking is available near Brighton i360, but finding a vacant spot is challenging, especially during peak hours. The on-street parking bays operate on a pay-and-display basis, and the charges vary depending on the location and time of day. Visitors can pay for parking using cash and cards, however, there are plans to scrap all the city´s pay and display machines in 2023. Alternatively, every visitor has to download the mobile app PayByPhone.
The PayByPhone app is a convenient way to pay for on-street parking. Visitors can download the app on their smartphones and register their vehicle and payment information. When they park at an on-street parking bay, they can use the app to pay for parking without worrying about finding a pay-and-display machine or carrying cash. The app also sends notifications when the parking session is about to expire, allowing visitors to extend their parking time remotely. However, using the PayByPhone app incurs an additional transaction fee of 10p (at the time of this writing)
On-street disabled parking near Brighton i360
Brighton & Hove Council offers only a few dedicated parking spaces for disabled visitors and Blue Badge Holders near the Brighton i360. There is only one space on top of Regency Square, and visitors must display a valid disabled parking badge to use them. When full please see the disabled bays in the car parks.
On-street parking charges near Brighton i360
The parking charges near Brighton i360 vary depending on the location. The i360 is located in Zone Z which is the so-called High Charge Zone, see here for a map of the zones. On-street parking bays operate on a pay-and-display basis, and visitors can pay using a mobile app PayByPhone.
Time restrictions for parking on-street near Brighton i360
Time restrictions for parking near Brighton i360 vary depending on the location. On-street parking bays are usually restricted to 4 hours of parking, but please check in the PayByPhone app or on the machines on the street. Off-street car parks have no time restrictions, and visitors can park for as long as they want.
Off-street parking near Brighton i360
Off-street parking is a better option for visitors looking for a secure parking spot near Brighton i360. There are several car parks located near the attraction, ordered within walking distance from the i360:
- Regency Square Car Park: located opposite the i360 it is the nearest car park. This underground car park offers 507 spaces of which 8 are for the disabled and 6 for electric vehicles (EVs). There is NO lift. See charges on the B&H website.
- Regency Mews Secure Parking: This smaller car park near the i360 is more affordable for longer stays, but closes it´s doors at 6pm. It also has a valeting service.
- NCP Russell Road: This multi-story car park is located next to Churchill Square at 5 minutes walking distance and has 536 spaces of which 12 are for disabled users.
- Churchill Square Green Car Park: This multi-story car park is located in the Churchill Shopping Centre. The EV´s bays and disabled spaces are in the adjacent Orange car park which has its entrance from West Street. It is a bit further away but accessible for higher cars.
- Hilton ParkBee: Parkbee Hilton Metropole is accessible for everyone 24/7 even if you don´t stay in the Hilton and charges by the day (24h). There are no disabled spaces.
- The Lanes Car Park: This car park is located close to Brighton Palace Pier and has 355 parking spaces and 8 disabled bays and 4 spaces for EVs. See charges on the B&H website.
Walking Distances and Height Restrictions
The parking charges vary depending on the duration of the stay, and visitors can pay using cash or a credit card. Heights restrictions vary, so check our handy overview below.
|Name||Distance Mtrs + Time||Height cm*||Capacity||Disabled*||EVs*||Link to Car Park|
|Regency Square Car Park||160 mtrs/ 2 minutes||213||507||8||6||Brighton & Hove|
|Regency Mews Parking||200 mtrs/ 3 minutes||(high)||Small||N/C||N/C||Regency Mews|
|NCP Russell Road||0,2 miles/ 5 minutes||200||536||12||N/C||NCP Russell Road|
|Churchill Square Green||0,3 miles/ 10 minutes||193||N/C||Orange||Orange||Churchill Square Green|
|Hilton ParkBee||0,3 miles/ 10 minutes||180||N/C||0||0||Hilton ParkBee|
|The Lanes Car Park||0,5 miles/ 15 minutes||185||355||8||4||The Lanes Car Park|
Overall, parking near Brighton i360 can be a challenge, but there are several options available, including on-street parking and nearby car parks. Visitors should plan ahead, arrive early and consider using public transport or cycling to reach the attraction.
Tips for parking near Brighton i360
To make parking near Brighton i360 more manageable, here are some tips:
- Consider arriving early to secure a parking spot
- Use the Regency Square car park if possible, as it is the closest and most convenient option
- Consider Park & Ride near Withdean Stadium
- Consider using walking or cycling to reach Brighton i360
- Download and use the PayByPhone app for on-street parking if necessary
- Check for any time restrictions or parking permits before parking in on-street bays
- Check height restrictions for car parks if you drive an SUV or MPV
- Check the Zap Map for Brighton Charging Points for your EV